Fall is the time to get ready for winter. The following is a collection of homeowner clues for seasonal activities.
Fall Homeowner Checklist:
Sprinkler System: Blow water out of lawn sprinkler systems before first frost. Blow out each zone using an air compressor
Hoses: Disconnect outdoor hoses from water sources (faucets). A hose left on a frost free hose bib will allow ice to crack the hose bib.
HVAC: Change the Air Filter in your forced air Heater/Air Conditioner. Get extra filters and set an alert to replace in future
Winterize lawn tools: Pressure Washer, Lawn Mower, String Trimmer
- Pressure Washer: Remove Water replace with lubricant, remove gas, run till carburetor is empty
- Lawn Mower: Clean under carriage, drain gas, run till carburetor is empty
- String Trimmer: Empty gas, Load new string, run till carburetor is empty
Tools: Clean gardening tools and apply a light coat of oil
Car: High Country Bound? Better tires for ice / snow, better windshield wipers
- Spare tire air check
- Oil, Windshield Washer level
- Tires: Even Ware, inflation
Locate the windshield ice scraper.
Gardening: Apply mulch to capture moisture
Turn over compost pile
Check the seals on doors and windows. Use a piece of paper to check