Optimism and resolution meets us in January for the New Year. If home projects are in your plan, this note is a set of clues for the maintenance of butcher block countertops.
If your counter top is raw and rough, it will need to be sanded.
Clue 1: Sand with Random Orbital Sander hooked to ShopVac.
- Start off 220 grit sandpaper and then finish with 320 grit sandpaper
- Be prepared, even with ShopVac the saw dust will get everywhere
- If kitchen is not well ventilated, remember to always use a respirator
Clue 2: How to Revive the Butcher Block
- When the counter looks white, it needs to be coated
- First, clean the counter thoroughly
- When dry, apply a thin coat of Food Grade Mineral Oil
- Then, apply a thick coat of cutting board oil with a cloth
- After 60 minutes, rub the excess oil off counter with a cloth
Now you've got fresh looking butcher block countertops!
Are you countertops looking tired?!