Valentine’s Day: A day to do something nice for your significant other. Here are a few tips and tricks to make your home cozier this February!
Photo by Matthew Henry on Unsplash
1. Replace the HVAC Filter
- If you are down to the last one buy 3 more
- It is always handy to have a few more at home
2. Check for drafts
- Your Home Inspector can help here by doing Infrared Door Seal Analysis
- Front doors and windows can be some of the most typical locations for leaks
3. Clean the refrigerator coils
- Here is a super handy tool that you can use for this project
4. Upgrade interior lights to LED’s
- Not only do they save energy and money, but they can really change the feel to a room
5. Clean the dish washer
- Run a cycle through your dishwasher with an empty with a bowl filled with one cup of vinegar on the top shelf. I usually like to have the cycle be hotter than normal to remove any extra build up.
- No soap is needed to get it sparkling clean!
6. If Composting turn over the pile, maybe consider a tumble barrel
7. Start planning for spring garden!
- Planning to build a raised bed is a great late winter activity. Raised garden beds are not only beautiful, but very functional if you have a green thumb in the family!